BFA’s Upcoming Spirit Week and Spring Fling

BFAs Upcoming Spirit Week and Spring Fling

Brooke Holland, Writer

Starting March 28 Bellows Free Academy will be doing a spring spirit week at school to promote school spirit with the new themes.  

“We noticed that we repeat the same days each time we have spirit week. We [hope] that with new theme days we would increase excitement and participation,” Emma Archambault (‘23), president of the junior student council said. 

The themes of this spring spirit week are jersey/band on Monday 3/28, twin/multiplicity on Tuesday 3/29, blackout vs. Neon on Wednesday 3/30, Everything but a backpack on Thursday 3/31. and class t-shirt/green & gold on Friday 4/1. 

Everything but a backpack day was influenced by other school spirit weeks who participate in this. It is encouraged that students bring items to carry their supplies that are not the traditional book bag. Examples of items to carry supplies are a shopping cart, stroller, bucket or pail.  

The spirit week leads up to the Spring Fling Dance on April 2, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in the BFA gymnasium. The dance will follow a semi-formal attire theme. 

Admission to the dance is $7 per person or $5 per person with the addition of a non-perishable food item. Examples of what people can donate include canned soups, canned vegetables and canned fruit. 

There will be snacks at the event, so it is recommended to bring cash. 

Permission slips can be picked up at the main office to invite students from other high schools to this year’s Spring Fling dance.