Bobwhite Lacrosse Takes on Seahorses

Photo credit: The Messenger photographer Ari Beauregard

Michel Telfer, Contributor

The 1-4 Bellows Free Academy Bobwhites lacrosse team had their home opener against the Seahorses of Burlington High School April 30. 

The Bobwhites scored first as senior midfielder Michel Telfer fed midfielder Cam Johnson (‘23) who was able to capitalize as that would stand as the lone goal of the quarter. Johnson had the hot hand throughout the game posting three goals and an assist.

The Bobwhites controlled the first half maintaining possession and fending off the brutal, excessive slashing from the Seahorses. The Bobwhites went on to outscore the Seahorses 4-2 in the second quarter, putting them up 5-2 at the half. 

In the second half, the extremely hard slashing amplified from the Seahorses injured midfielder Tomas Zemianek (‘24).

As the half went on, the Seahorses found themselves inching their way back into the contest. A late 4th quarter tally from Burlington tied the game at 7-7. The game went into overtime where play was even until the Bobwhites gained possession, and Cam Johnson had a bottom corner snipe to end it. 

While the Bobwhites let up a little bit in the 4th quarter, this was a solid game and huge for team confidence. Keene State commit Ezra Lanfear (‘22) had a solid performance with two goals and an assist; Junior midfielder Noah Earl also had a productive night on the scoresheet with three assists and a goal. According to Telfer, the Bobwhites look to carry this momentum into next week as they take on the South Burlington Wolves under the lights.