King (’09) Returns to BFA

Nohea King

Nohea King

Joseph Freiburger, Contributor

Nohea King (‘09) is a new health and physical education teacher at Bellows Free Academy, St. Albans. He is coming from a teaching job at Sheldon Elementary, where he said he was just a gym teacher, but here he is getting a chance to teach health as well.

King was a student at BFA, graduating in 2009, and he went to Castleton State University to study physical and health education. According to Nohea, he has a Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction and a bachelor’s in physical and health education.

Nohea said that his reason for coming to BFA was an obvious one. First of all, he graduated from here, and he knows the halls and the people that work and teach here. He also is the head coach of varsity lacrosse, since Mark Capsey retired. 

Although he has graduated from BFA, there are differences when it comes to teaching, especially coming from Sheldon Elementary. He said that having his own classroom to be able to teach in has been a game changer. He also is astounded by the number of off-campus resources there are for P.E. classes such as Collins Perley Sports Center as well as Hard’ack. 

King said that he is super excited to be back at BFA and involved in the culture that he enjoys so much, along with coaching the varsity lacrosse team and teaching more health than he had the opportunity to in Sheldon, with a full classroom to himself.  

Students who are interested in joining the lacrosse team should send him an email at [email protected], or go in to see him in room B207 by the gymnasium.