Who is the New Teacher in Larissa Hebert’s Classroom?

Brita Fisher Photo credit: Larissa Hebert

Nicholas Bosley, Contributor

Brita Fisher is the new teacher in Larissa Hebert’s room and is a student teacher who goes by “Ms. Fisher.” In an interview with The Mercury, Fisher she said that she is a graduate student working towards a Master’s Degree in Education from Goddard College and has come to Bellows Free Academy to earn it. Fisher noted that she has had some experience teaching French at Stratton Mountain School in southern Vt. 

When asked how it was going she said, “It’s going very well. I am enjoying being here”

According to Fisher, she will be assisting Hebert until December. Fisher grew up outside of San Francisco in the Bay Area where she lived with her younger brother and parents. She moved to Vermont in 2011 to go to college; she currently resides in Burlington. 

When she was asked how she liked it here, she stated, “In my month at BFA, I have really enjoyed getting to know the students in my classes and the teachers at BFA. I have felt very welcomed, which I really appreciate.”

Fisher said she had some choice when picking which school she wanted to be a student teacher in and thought that it would be important to have a mentor that wanted her there. When asked if she had any new responsibilities in the job she said, “Teaching all English is new.”  

Overall, Fisher seems to be enjoying her experience here at BFA, and by December she will be one step closer to being a teacher.