The Hopes for the Future of BFA’s Comet Volleyball Program

Future Comet Cora Henderson helps out with BFAs Comet volleyball.  Photo credit: Messenger photographer Ari Beauregard

Future Comet Cora Henderson helps out with BFA’s Comet volleyball. Photo credit: Messenger photographer Ari Beauregard

Allie Daudelin, Contributor

What are the hopes for the future of the volleyball program at BFA? The Mercury sat down with the Comet volleyball coach, Lauren Liberatore, to discuss the volleyball program at BFA.

“The Comet Volleyball program has developed immensely since its start in 2019. We have become a top competitor in the state within our division,” Liberatore said. 

According to Lauren Liberatore, while the Comets are a top competitor, growing youth programs is vital to prepare young athletes for the high school program.  She said that the volleyball program at BFA has ensured a connection between the youth of the community and the current players. This has been done by encouraging future Comets to help with warm-ups before games. 

Liberatore also expressed the struggles of having many great prospective athletes while having limited spots on each team. 

“It’s strenuous to make cuts and then to decide which team the athletes belong on. We work together as a coaching staff to make these decisions,” Liberatore said. She added, “Our youth programs are rapidly growing and training to become future Comets.” 

Liberatore closed by saying, “Hopes for the future of Comet Volleyball is to continue growing our youth programs to start training early. At the high school level, it would be great to see the teams continue being top competitors in the state and continue their off-season training to improve their skills further.”