Next Stop News

The Mercury

Next Stop News

The Mercury

Next Stop News

The Mercury

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Mercury Poll Of The Week
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Rob Mossey: A BFA Addition

Rob Mossey
Security Officer Rob Mossey

Among other new hires at Bellows Free Academy, this year is Rob Mossey, the newest addition to the safety team.

Mossey mentioned he was a bit nervous on his first day, as most people are when they start a new endeavor. 

“Overall, [it’s] not too bad though. The people here were very welcoming,” Mossey said.

He had seen the ad and figured he would apply for the job as the new Safety Officer. According to Mossey, all the people in his family were at new starting points in their lives, and doing new, different things, so he figured he should as well. Plus, his daughters attend school here, so he would already be here dropping them off. 

Mossey has lived in Vermont all his life. He lived in Fairfax and graduated from BFA Fairfax. He and his wife have been together for 23 years, and have two daughters: Cait and Chris.

Mossey’s last job was working with his wife at her in-home daycare. He had previously worked in food manufacturing as a team leader for about 12 years and had to leave due to an injury. After that, his wife gave him the opportunity to work with kids, and he did that for about 12 years, leading him to work with adolescents.

Rob’s main focus is ensuring BFA is a safe and nurturing environment for everyone. 

“I have enjoyed my experience working at BFA so far and feel it is a welcoming environment,” Mossey said.