Next Stop News

The Mercury

Next Stop News

The Mercury

Next Stop News

The Mercury

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Mercury Poll Of The Week
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Back to BFA: Alumna Kyra Trimm

Kyra+Trimm.
Kyra Trimm
Kyra Trimm.

Among other additions to the Bellows Free Academy staff this year is Kyra Trimm (‘19), a BFA alumna and newest member of the English Department.

Trimm grew up in Vermont and attended Bellows Free Academy, before moving to Massachusetts. There, Trimm attended Boston College as an English and Secondary Education major. 

Boston was an interesting place to live, but I missed being near family,” Trimm said. She added, “And I love being in Vermont in the fall.”

After graduating, Trimm returned to Vermont and worked a myriad of jobs, including working with Upward Bound at Vermont State University. She also student taught while in Boston.

Now, Trimm is a member of the English Department, and currently teaches Reading/Writing Workshop and American Literature.

“I am enjoying all of my classes so far,” Trimm said.

According to Trimm, she’s been enjoying her job at BFA thus far.

Students and staff have been very welcoming,” Trimm said. “I’ve enjoyed getting to know everyone.”

Trimm also noted that her history with BFA has helped her adjust to her new role.

“Everyone really shows up for one another and are always willing to help out,” Trimm said. “It also doesn’t hurt that I know many of the staff members from my time as a student here.”

All-in-all, Trimm is fitting in well here at BFA.

“I really like the school community here,” Trimm said. “BFA feels like the right fit for me.”