Next Stop News

The Mercury

Next Stop News

The Mercury

Next Stop News

The Mercury

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Mercury Poll Of The Week
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Delucia Joins BFA Science Department

Cora Delucia
BFA Science Teacher Cora Delucia

Among several new faces at Bellows Free Academy this year is Cora Delucia, the newest addition to the Science Department.

Delucia teaches Biology and Environmental Science, and shares that she is having a fun time in her position so far. 

“Things are awesome,” Delucia said. She added, “[My] favorite part of my job is definitely taking my Environmental Science classes on field trips.”

In her free time, Delucia enjoys hiking and backpacking trails. 

According to Delucia, she grew up in Bennington, Vt. and still has family in the area. She is living in Burlington, along with her brother. 

Delucia hadn’t originally planned on becoming a teacher. Instead, she found herself on the path to education during the pandemic.

“I [was] working for an organization that helps school students get jobs with their local conservation organizations,” Delucia said. “From there, I decided I wanted to go into education.”

Delucia then got her Master’s Degree in Education from the University of Vermont, and began working in Outdoor Education.

According to Delucia, she applied to several schools in the area, but finally settled on BFA.

“BFA felt like it fit best,” Delucia said.