Next Stop News

The Mercury

Next Stop News

The Mercury

Next Stop News

The Mercury

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Mercury Poll Of The Week
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

BFA’s Annual BFA Experience Night  

Erin Rocheleau
BFA’s Social Studies Department Table.

On Dec. 5 2023, BFA hosted their annual BFA Experience night aimed to inform rising freshmen and parents about BFA’s programs, courses, athletics and more.

Over 100 families attended, and BFA had student volunteers from the Rotary Interact Club and BFA’s Student Voice Committee. Students provided assistance to visitors as they walked through the halls.

Leah Fitzgerald, a BFA senior, gave an introductory speech in the Performing Arts Center about her experience with school choice coming from Georgia. After the speech parents, students and community members took part in the self-guided tour throughout BFA and NCTC.

Jacoby Soter, a member of the Rotary Interact Club and Student Voice Committee discussed the night as a large success. “For the Student Voice Committee, the night was a complete success.” The committee worked on handing out feedback forms to community members looking for feedback on the school’s setting. “We gathered data on how we can make our students feel more welcome and safe,” Soter said.

“As a student, it was really fun to see all of the possible new students around the school,” Bella Guerino said, another member of the Rotary Interact Club. Guerino continued, “I enjoyed talking about the different clubs I am a part of and the wide range of academics offered at BFA.”